- Prepare a pot of salted, boiling water for your pasta.
- Heat a large fry pan over medium heat for the sauce.
- Fry pancetta (or bacon) in the pan until golden and crispy, then use a slotted spoon or spatula to remove into a bowl (leave the rendered pancetta fat in the pan).
- Add olive oil and unsalted butter to pan.
- Once butter has melted, add chilli flakes, shallots and garlic (with a big pinch of salt) and sauté until translucent.
- Add mushrooms and sauté until brown and softened.
- Add tomato paste and cook, stirring, until colour has deepened (about 2 mins).
- Add cream and stir until combined.
- Add pancetta and chives to sauce, and continue to simmer on very low.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta until al dente. In the last two minutes of cooking, add broccolini. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water.
- Strain pasta and broccolini, add to the sauce and stir to combine.
- Loosen the sauce up with some reserved pasta water.
- Taste and season.
- Serve with Parmesan and go to heaven.
Maybe Sammy Espresso Martini Recipe
To watch how to make Maybe Sammy's twist on an Espresso Martini click here